Welcome to Year 4!
A few things to let you know:
- Our projects this year will be 'Invasion' in the Autumn Term, 'Misty Mountain, Winding River' in the Spring Term and 'Ancient Civilisations' in the Summer Term. These will be supplemented by various extra Science, Art, DT and Humanities projects throughout.
- Our PE days are Wednesdays and Thursdays. Please ensure your child comes into school in their PE kit on these days.
- As always, reading is hugely important and we encourage all children to read and enjoy reading independently. Please read with your child at home and where possible help to introduce them to texts that you think will pique their interest.
- Please encourage your child to login to Times Tables Rockstars as often as possible (at least 10 minutes per day would be brilliant). At the end of Year 4 we will have the national Times Table Check, where the expectation is that Year 4 children will know all of their times tables (up to 12x). More importantly, regular practice of the times tables also provides a sound basis for lots of areas in Maths. TTRS is an engaging and exciting way of practising which is proven to help children learn them faster. Any help you can give your child will be hugely beneficial for them.
- Our brilliant TAs will be Miss Bartrip and Miss Goodacre.
- I will be updating this page regularly with things we have been learning and doing in school. Do keep checking it to see what we’ve been getting up to!
Any questions at all, please contact me via the ‘Contact Me’ form on the class webpage, or speak to me at the end of the school day.
With very best wishes,