Lesson 2: Maths (1 hour) - I have recorded videos for both groups, so please follow the sub pages below to complete the work for your group. If you are not sure which group you are in, then please email Mr Roberts.
When completing the work you can either: answer all of the questions and then watch the videos to mark the work and check or you can watch the video and complete the questions at the same time.
Lesson 4: English (1hour) - Please follow the instructions below:
1) Read through the example below of a letter. Can you draw sections around the following features:
- How to start the letter.
- The opening statement.
- The main detail of the letter.
- The final statement.
- How to finish the letter.
- How to sign off a letter.
2) Check through the answers on the document below. How many did you find correctly? Make sure you have a good read as to why certain parts are included in a letter.
Lesson 5: Reading or NESSY (15minutes) - If your child knows they do NESSY in school, then please email Mr Roberts for login details if they cannot remember them.
If you do not do NESSY, then please choose a book to read. I know it is difficult to read your school book at the minute because they have not been swapped for a long time. However, use this time to read something different - a children's magazine or newspaper, a children's website (BBC Bitesize or newsround do interesting articles), a free reading book you have always wanted to read!
Lesson 6: Debate (30mins) - Have a look at the question below:
‘When would you rather go to school – now or in Victorian era?’
- Spend some time thinking about what happened in a Victorian classroom.
- Complete the writing frame sheet below to give your answer to the question above and think of a reason why.
- When we get back to school, we will discuss this as a class, so make sure you know what it is you are going to say.