Menu
Home Page

Iceberg!

Iceberg Observations

Iceberg Observations 1

This morning we watched a short video about ice formations.  We talked about the scientific vocabulary used to describe icebergs such as growlers and bergy bits, and then we predicted what would happen when we put our own ‘mini’ iceberg in water.  We learned that only 10% of an iceberg is visible above the water line with the other 90% hidden from view.  Finally, we mind mapped a series of questions we would like to answer in relation to our experiment.  We will be investigating these research questions and displaying our findings as a ‘did you know?’ poster.

Top