The children had to follow a series of instructions to establish if iron was present in breakfast cereals.
- First collect your equipment.
- Next test if your magnet sticks to the cereal.
- After that pour warm water over the cereal-1cm above.
- Then mix the cereal with the magnet for 1minute.
- Next dunk the magnet in the cold water to rinse it.
- After wipe the magnet on the paper towel.
- Finally look through a magnifying glass for specks of iron.
At the end of the investigation we found tiny, shiny, specks of iron on the tissue.
This evidence proves iron is in our cereal.